A Digital Audit: What is it and How Can It Help Your Company?
What is a digital audit?
A digital audit is an in-depth, customized assessment of your web and mobile experience that helps you understand how best to use different channels. The report provides insights into all areas including the content on these platforms as well as what viewers are doing while they're watching it so that we might better cater our strategies accordingly.
Different Types of Digital Audits
Here is a list of different kinds of audits including:
- Customer Experience Journey - Digital audits can help businesses measure how people are engaging with their brand across multiple channels.
- Storytelling Audit - In a storytelling audit, evaluate how your brand is telling its story by looking at both content and visuals to figure out what's working well, where you might need some help in terms of messaging or visual identity. According to Hahn & Grucza (2020), a storytelling audit helps find lapses in brand voice and tone across all customer touchpoints. Identifying lapses helps organizations strengthen consistency and create a lasting impression.
- SEO Audit - SEO audit evaluates how your website is currently performing in the search engines and how it could be improved.
- Social Media Audit - A social media audit, will look at your brand's presence on various social networks and identify areas for improvement to increase reach and engagement. Here are some questions you should ask. Which channels are most effective for connecting with your audience? Is there anything that can be improved? How much engagement do these platforms garner when compared to one another? For example, does Facebook consistently attract more comments & likes than Instagram or vice versa? Or maybe Twitter attracts many times more visitors from social media sharing links versus their other channel counterparts.
- Link Building Audit - A link building audit checks the number of links from other sites pointing back to yours as well as their page authority, relevancy, etc. This helps you understand where opportunities might exist or what content is resonating with others online so that you can work towards creating more high-quality assets which people are likely linking to already.
- Web Content Audit - This is an analysis of all web pages on your site which dig into copy, design elements (like responsiveness), user experience factors like navigation or placement of calls-to-action, etc.
- Content Audit - Content audit evaluates what content you have on your channels and what kind of message it sends to your audience.
Who Can Benefit from a Digital Audit?
- Any company looking to increase engagement with the target audience.
- Any business that wants a thorough analysis of their online presence and how it is being perceived by the public.
- Brands with a significant social media following and want a clear picture of what content resonates with people most so they can continue doing more of whatever works best for them.
- A new business or startup in need of some guidance on where to begin building an audience from scratch.
Digital audits help understand which channels are likely going be most effective at attracting your intended target demographic, as well as providing insight into all areas including the types of content they are engaging with and why.
Digital Audit Benefits For Organizations
- It helps improve efficiency by eliminating everything that makes operations costly and time-consuming.
- It helps you keep track of current marketing and messaging efforts.
- It helps enhance your campaign strengths.
- It helps you evaluate how your competitors are performing.
- It helps you stay ahead of the game.
- It helps you better understand the industry landscape.
Reach out to us to get a better understanding of how your brand is being perceived online and to be able to create engaging content which resonates with your audience
Hahn, C., & Grucza, E. (2020, August 5). What is a digital audit? A breakdown of 8 different digital assessments. Credera. https://www.credera.com/insights/what-is-a-digital-audit-a-breakdown-of-8-different-digital-assessments